Yes, adults do get braces. Braces are not just for children any longer. In fact, being an adult and having braces is all the rage today. If you have teeth that are misaligned, they can cause other problems than just having an embarrassing smile.
They can lead to an increased risk of cavities, receding gums, having problems in maintaining basic dental care, etc are just some of the problems misaligned teeth can cause. If you visit your dentist Pacific Pines and he tells you have malocclusion, which is the scientific term for misaligned teeth, you should consider adult braces.
At braces Gold Coast, there are many different options that you can choose from, which include:
- Metal braces—in times past, these were the only choice you had if you needed braces as a child or teenager. When wearing metal braces they are very visible in your oral cavity. They are traditionally the most affordable set of braces. Most adults shy away from metal braces, especially if they deal with the public, as they do not want the customer to see a mouth full of metal braces.
- Braces that have colored brackets—if you want to show your “wild side “ then these are the braces for you. If you do not want the dull in color, gray-green ligating modules on the brackets then opt for colored brackets. They come in a variety of colors such as fluorescent green, red, and orange. With these wild colored brackets you will have a reason to smile even wearing metal braces. With successive sittings you can also get the brackets changed to give you a variety of colors.
- Ceramic bracket braces—these are an affordable option when needing braces. The brackets are composed of composite materials that are tooth-colored so they blend in and are not as noticeable as regular metal braces. Because they are made of a material that is sensitive you will need to be very careful to avoid staining the brackets because of the intake of cold drinks, coffee, or tea, and excessive smoking.
- Lingual braces—these are great for those who have to work with the public like hostesses, receptionists, etc. The braces are placed on the inner, instead of the outer, surfaces of your teeth so they are not seen. You do need to take extra care to make sure that you are maintaining very good oral hygiene so you do not end up with a lot of cavities.
- Invisalign braces—with these types of braces they are done using clear, plastic, removable aligners. They are worn for two to three weeks and then are replaced with a little tighter set of aligners. You can removed for cleaning and eating.