Unlike the past few years, you have so many swimming pools to choose from. Keeping the maintenance factor aside, you have chlorine and other chemical products which are harmful to your health and environment.
Enter the environmental friendly and sustainable swimming pools which simply replace the chlorine with salt water. Distant from being able to assimilate completely into their settings, such types of sustainable swimming pools are healthy for the swimmers as well as the environment.
They are being practiced in a number of nations and their usage is getting more widespread as you also save a lot of money which otherwise you have to spend on chemicals and maintenance.
Sand, stone, plants help in the purification of water and replace chlorine. It stands similar to the natural filtration procedure of the river water. You can just call it an artificial pond but purified, thereby creating a micro-ecosystem.
How does it work?
- Water needs to be in motion, so it is important that the new pool construction is done on a certain slope.
- The motion can be created via power pump which can either be extracted via solar power or mechanical energy.
- The plants of the pool placed at a location away from the swimming area manage the task of filtering wastage.
- Sand and stone serve as natural filters which remove the bacteria and impurities of the water.
- Water saving. You no longer have to empty and refill the pool. You only need to replenish the section which evaporates.
- Energy saving. (You do not need filter systems)
- You do not need any chemical products.
- They are safe for your skin, eyes and health.
With the spread of drought and famine, swimming pools are considered more like luxurious indulgences. But the sustainable swimming pools with moss-filtered water, you can keep it natural and eco-friendly. Natural pools are chemical free and do not require any hi-tech management. It is very affordable to create an eco-friendly outdoor pool. In order to build the structure, you just need material like clay and gravel to replace, fiberglass and concrete. The aquatic plants replace chlorine and costly filtering systems are replaced with natural purification which enriches the water with advantageous bacteria, oxygen and serve as a natural habitat for the marine life.
The right integration of architecture and nature with good environment and vertical gardens serve best for natural pools. They include edible plants like celery, mint and cress, tiny fishes and shrimps to eat away the larvae of mosquitoes and unwanted bugs.