Air conditioner is getting must day by day. It is a luxury item and people who are used to it find it difficult even to stay for an hour without it. Some people find it hard to survive in the heat of summers and don’t know what to do as they even can’t afford to buy an air conditioner. For such people here are top ten tips to keep themselves cool in summers.
1. Drink lots and lots of water. By adding water to your body you will get instant relief from the heat and this cool sensation will stay for hours.
2. By holding a cold beverage like soda against your neck, you can get relief from the burning heat of summer. It simply cools the blood to the brain and provides instant relief.
3. Sweating is good in summers. Try to sweat it out. When sweat is exposed to air, it evaporates and takes away the heat from your body. This will leave a cooling sensation and you will get relief from heat even without an air conditioner.
4. Light color clothes are just perfect for summers. Dark clothes absorb heat and increase body temperature while light color clothes keep you cool.
5. Try to cover yourself as much as possible. This will protect your skin from the burning rays of sun and will keep you cool in summers.
6. The use of mint or menthol products will keep you cool in summers. Shower with peppermint soap is much effective in summers and even the use of mint powder provides great relief.
7. It is always good to eat spicy food in summers. It increases perspiration that ultimately results in lowering your body temperature as it evaporates.
8. By reading books about cool places such as Mount Everest or by watching videos of cool places such as Ice Age, you will feel a bit relaxed in summers. This may not physically cool you but will definitely cool your mind and you will feel a bit cooler.
9. A thin slice of cold cucumber when put on the forehead, it provides cool sensation immediately. This is an easy and effective method which can be tried anywhere.
10. It is always advisable to avoid electrical heat sources in summers. It’s better to use microwave instead of stove or oven.